Sega has been known to have some of the best video games in the past and there are some games that have been long gone but which need to be resurrected. There are so many of them that it can be difficult to choose a small amount that should be brought back. The following is a list of ten Sega games that should be brought back and revisited:
1. Mortal Combat – This is probably one of the most popular games that a single player fights against another computer generated character or two players fight against each other in a battle to the death. This would be a great game to bring back because of the popularity of it. With all the new technologies in video gaming, having a more up to date version of this game would be a gamers dream. The main characters are:
2. Leander – The main character Leander, fights dragons and wizards in order to rescue the princess. This is a basic role playing game that would make an awesome MMORPG because of the fantasy and role playing elements to it.
3. Frogger – Frogger was one of the best games when Sega first came out. You basically helped the frog to cross a busy street and a river to get home. It would be cool to see the frog back in some of the 3D graphics that are coming out. His splat when hit by a car would definitely be more graphic.
4. Double Dragon – The Lee Brothers, Billy and Jimmy, as martial artists fight many protagonists. It is the video gamer’s job to beat all of the bad guys to win the game. There were seven sequels to this game but one more in the newer graphics would not be amiss. Gamers could play this game with the more realistic look that video games are now sporting.
5. The Adventures of Batman and Robin – Who does not love the dynamic duo and their cast of colorful bad guys and girls? While there have been more recent versions of Batman, Robin has been missing. Bringing back Robin is a must and should be included if Sega ever puts out another version of this comic.
6. Bass Masters – Bass Masters was a great fishing game that took a leap forward when it came out in 1996. While there are new fishing games available for most platforms, none of them have the realistic feel to them that the original Bass Masters did. Bringing this game back with the gaming systems like the Wii would make the fishing game even more realistic.
7. Centurion: Defender of Rome – There is a huge interest in the history of the rise and fall of Rome. Centurion takes that interest and puts it directly into an engaging video game. This was one of the first real time battle games and it would be awesome to see how it would play out with better graphics and more compelling storyline.
8. Cre Ball – This is a pinball game that features the music and musicians from the band Mtley Cre. The band is gaining a new and younger audience and has been consistently touring for years. Bringing this game in some form or another would give the younger fans a look into what life was for the band when they were as young as their new fans. Using better graphics and a more realistic looking pinball game would make this game even more popular that it was over a decade ago.
9. Risk – This strategy game is also a popular board game that requires the players to move armies and conquer countries until they have control of the entire world. The popularity of this game has not waned and making a more up to date version for gamers would be a great move for Sega. There could be more realistic armies and more intense fights between the players for control of the world.
10. Shining Force – Shining Force was created as a role playing game that featured a grid that was slowly conquered through battle. There were only certain squares that could be accessed by completing each level. With the popularity of role playing games, bringing back Shining Force would offer a game that takes a twist to the average RPG.
Most companies, including Sega, are spending time creating new games for the new generation of gamers. It would be a boon to Sega to take a look at their past arsenal and bring back some of the games that were released before many gamers were even born. Using the newer technologies to make them better would offer the older generation a chance to play their old favorites in a new format.
Lisa Mason is a freelance writer with a specialty in Internet content and SEO articles and the author of How to Earn a Living Writing for the Internet. She has written thousands of articles, hundreds of ebooks and thousands of website pages and related content in more than 10 years as a professional writer.